Have you ever tried to copy an Instagram comment on your phone, and despite how many times you copy and paste the comment, you just couldn’t paste anything. Well, sadly this is because the Instagram app does not support this particular feature.
There can be multiple situations where copying a comment becomes necessary. For example, when the comments contain the name of a song or book that you are interested in, or perhaps a link to a YouTube video, or just maybe something random where you would want to copy the text to send it to your friend.
However, worry not. The good thing is there is a way for you to copy comments on Instagram for whatever purpose you have.
In this article, we will be explaining thoroughly on how you can do it. What are we waiting for, let’s dive in.
How To Copy Comments on Instagram?
If you try to tap and hold on the comments on Instagram in hope of copying it, unfortunately, you won’t be able to do it. As mentioned before, Instagram does not support this particular feature.
In spite of that, there is a workaround that you can do to get a copy of that Instagram comment. The step is pretty simple and straightforward.
What you can do is:
- Copy the link of the post
- Paste it into a browser
- Expand the comments section
- Look for the comment you want to copy
- Select the comment and copy it directly from the browser.
- Done! Now you can paste the comment anywhere you want!
Once you have copied the comment, you can paste it in the browser if it is a link, or in Google Translate if the text is in a language you don’t understand, or simply just send the text to a friend.
You can use this method from any browser. It works on desktop as well as on mobile.
Copy An Instagram Post Link Into A Browser Tab
If you encountered problems with the first step on the instructions above, there is still another way for you to copy the link. Here is a quick guide to copy the link of the post you want so that you can get the comment you wanted.
- Firstly, open your Instagram app and go to the post that has the comment you want to copy. Now, click the three dots at the top of that post.
- From the options, select “Copy link”.
- The link to that post will be copied to the clipboard.
- Now, paste the link into a web browser. The browser can be any of your choices. You can use Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and any other.
- You can log into your account on the web browser as Instagram might prompt you to do that repeatedly.
- Navigate to the comment you want to copy. Tap and hold over the text field, select the text, and tap on “Copy”.
- You can now paste that comment anywhere.
Simple and quick step isn’t it? Now you have successfully learned how to copy an Instagram comment.
Why Can’t You Copy Comments Directly From The App?
Unlike other social media apps like Twitter, you can’t copy an Instagram comment directly from the app.
No one knows the exact reason on why the platform excluded this feature. One of the possible reasons could be Instagram wants to prevent the spamming activity from its users.
There is no official announcement or statement from Instagram regarding this matter. Hence, all we can do is guess.
Can You Copy/Paste Text on Stories?
The answer is no. Sadly, you can’t copy and paste the text on Instagram Stories. Any text on an Instagram Stories is like a text on a YouTube video.
The text or font in Instagram Stories is not a text field, so you can’t copy it.
We understand there can be times where you will need to copy an Instagram comment from a post. However, you are unable to do it directly in the Instagram app.
As of now, the only option for you to copy an Instagram comment is to copy the Instagram post link and open it up in a web browser. Once you get to the web version of the post, search for the comment you want to copy and do the regular copy/paste sequence you are used to.
For as long as Instagram still does not offer this feature on its app, you will have to use the above manual method to copy any comments from Instagram posts.